As Election Day quickly approaches (only 7 days) I believe it’s important to make sure every American has the resources to be an informed voter. Due to my age (currently 16, but will be 17 on November 14th) I am unable to vote in this election. And that is why I am asking all of you who are able to vote to do so with the future, my future, in mind. Our country is at a tipping point and you must decide what you want to leave future generations. We can either continue to go down the path President Obama has us on, which will lead us to $20,000,000,000,000 of debt by 2016. Or, you can vote for a proven businessman who will create an environment for job creation and economic prosperity. I ask you, please, for my future’s sake, to vote for Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan on November 6th. We cannot afford 4 more years of Barack Obama’s failed policies.
And now, here is my list of President Obama’s broken promises that I believe are more than enough reasons to vote him out and allow Mitt Romney to take over:
- In 2008 candidate Obama pledged to cut the deficit in half by 2012. He didn’t. Our deficit isn’t half of what it was in 2008, instead it’s roughly 6 trillion dollars more than it was in 2008. When Obama took office we had 10.6 trillion dollars of debt, we now have 16 trillion dollars of debt and counting. If President Obama is reelected for a second term our national debt will reach $20,000,000,000,000 by 2016.
- Candidate Obama repeatedly denounced the idea that his Affordable Health Care Act (Obamacare) would come in the form of a tax. But according to the 2012 Supreme Court ruling, Obamacare is a tax and it will hit the middle class hard.
- We were promised in 2008 by candidate Obama that America was going to finally have a presidency with an “unprecedented” amount of transparency. But again, he lied. An example of this is when former (yay!) Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi told Congress that they would have to pass the Affordable Health Care Act before they could read the bill in its entirety. Click here for more examples of Obama’s lack of transparency.
- Obama promised in 2008 that he would fix the economy in three years, and if he didn’t he would not deserve a second term as President. Well, look around, our economy is still broken. Unemployment has been above 8% since 2008. According to Obama’s own standard you should not vote for him.
- And lastly, President Obama has always been considered the “Champion of Women.” He signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act which is a bill that insists on women and men being paid equally for doing the same jobs (which I support). But oddly enough, at the same time, the Obama administration actually pays women who work in the White House 18% less than they do men. They also continue to release videos/information (ie., Lena Dunham and the Life of Julia) that make women out to be nothing but their lady parts.
Unfortunately for America’s sake, these 5 promises are not the only ones President Obama has broken. Here are 5 pages worth of broken promises by the Obama administration.
I ask you to please share this list with your friends and don’t forget to make your voices heard during Early Voting or on Election Day, November 6th. And for all of my North Carolina readers, here is a Voter Guide you can print out and take with you to the polls!
PS: My prayers are with all of those affected by Hurricane Sandy. Be safe!